Prenatal & Postpartum Online Pilates Class
August 27th, 2020 • Metrotown Physio Team • in Uncategorized • • Add a comment »
Prenatal & Postpartum Online Pilates Class:
Live Classes Tuesdays 7:00-8:00am but Recordings available 24/7
Program Start Date: Sept 22nd, 2020
(6 Week Session Staring Sept 22nd 2020 and Ending October 27th 2020)
Safely prepare your body for a healthy pregnancy, delivery and entry into motherhood – all from the comfort of your own home!
- A weekly “Live 60-minute Strengthen & Lengthen Mat Pilates Workout” safe and specific for your journey into parenthood
- Workouts can be done anywhere, anytime! Baby can be with you as well
- Access to each weeks workout for the entire week – Don’t worry if you miss the “Live workout” you can do it at a time that suits you! You can easily break the workouts up into nap times
- You can also do the workout several times that week on your own schedule.
- 6 week safe and progressive program led by Pilates & Sport/ Orthopedic Physio Diane Rizzardo
- Access to optional 10 minute weekly 1-on-1 virtual check-in sessions with Diane
- Anyone travelling through their own prenatal or postpartum journey. Modifications will be offered for each trimester of pregnancy as well as postpartum participants
- Anyone looking to improve their Core and Pelvic/ Hip Strength, Power, and Mobility
- Anyone who is preparing for birth
- New parents looking to get reintroduced to their body after pregnancy
- No previous pilates experience necessary
- Minimal Equipment needed: TheraBands will be used but can be purchased for minimal cost through Metrotown Physiotherapy or most fitness centers.
* If you are postpartum please be 6 weeks post-delivery and/or have medical clearance from your health care professional.
** If you are a high risk pregnancy or have been advised not to exercise, exert yourself, or are on bed rest, than this class might not be the best fit for you at this time
- $150 total cost for the full 6 week program
- Weekly receipts of $25 will be emailed to all program participants so they can be submitted to extended health for reimbursement (if applicable). The total cost of the program is due up front.
- Covered as Physiotherapy by most Extended Health Plans if you are in BC
- A pre-class survey will be mandatory to ensure this class is right for you and your baby
Register by calling 604-430-3066
Email questions to Diane at [email protected]