All of our physiotherapists have taken post-graduate orthopaedic courses in spinal and peripheral mobilization/manipulations.
• Masters of Physical Therapy from the University of British Columbia
• Bachelors of Kinesiology from the University of British Columbia
• Level 1 Manual Therapy Certification from Canadian Physiotherapy Association Orthopedic Division
• Special interest in exercise and pulmonary physiology; research publication of “The Mechanics of Breathing During Swimming” in the Journal of American College of Sports Medicine
• UBC Women’s Varsity Swim team member 2013-2018, helping the team to 4 national titles over her 5 years on the team. Captain of the team for her last 2 years.
• 17 years of competitive swimming experience racing at national and international competitions
• UBC Performance Private Swimming Coach training competitive swimmers, ironman triathletes and beginner swimmers
• McKenzie enjoys empowering her patients to push their limits and achieve their full potential. She believes in having strong foundations of strength and mobility in order to maximize your athletic performance.
• While McKenzie isn’t at the clinic or the pool, she can be found running the seawall or trails, testing her coordination with a boxing class or enjoying the ski season.